Yoga, AcroYoga, Martial Arts and Tai-Chi classes in Cambridge. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dr Susana Tomasio
Yoga teacher (RYT 200, Level 4 RQF)
I have always been an active person and always enjoyed exercise and eating healthy. Naively, I was one of those people that used to think that Yoga was for older and less active people. One day, in January 2010 I looked at the timetable of the sports centre I used to go to and saw this “Ashtanga Yoga” class for advanced.. Moved by curiosity I decided to give it a try and I loved it. It was not what I thought it was. The class was exciting, challenging and relaxing at the same time. I didn’t know that was possible. I was also very surprised that the yoga teacher was so fit! So I started attending the Ashtanga yoga classes. I must say that at first I joined the classes only because of the physical practice but gradually I was moved by the spiritual side that the practice gives. I started feeling calmer, happier and less stressed. And this was the beginning of my yoga journey! My first yoga teacher was Fay Lochore and I was inspired and motivated by her. Since then I have been training with Howard Daly, Mark Stevens, Emma Lindsay, Nova Milesko, Sonia Ferreira and Kino MacGregor (just to name a few).
In 2013, I decided to further my knowledge of yoga by doing a teaching training course. I am proud that I did this course with my very first instructor Fay and Garry Sherwin. I learned most of my strength postures from Garry Sherwin’s practice. I am currently doing the 500-hour Yoga Teaching Diploma at CamYoga. In addition I am a trainee at the DeRose Method school in London.
In the last four years I started practicing Acroyoga and Acrobatics. Ever since I was a child I love doing arm balances and I basically love all the inversions and challenging postures.
In my spare time I also practice Martial Arts (currently a grey belt instructor). Martial Arts is great to boost the self-confidence, and to learn how to manage the feelings of fear, anger and frustration.
Certifications and courses attended in 2016/2017:
- Currently doing the 500 hour-Yoga Teaching Diploma at Camyoga
- Weekend Intensive with Jock Orton – Alignment in Ashtanga Yoga – Cambridge
- Scott Johnson Workshop: Ashtanga Yoga Intensive – Cambridge
- CPD: Adjust to Adjustments – Balance Yoga Earth Studios, Nova Milesko
- CPD: Teaching Advanced Asana – Whitespace Studio, Dawn Wright
- Kino MacGregor Workshop – Triyoga
- Ambra Vallo Workshop: Fear Free Inversions – The Power Yoga Company
- Trainee at the DeRose Method school – London – derosekensington.co.uk
- Grey belt (instructor) in Pa-Kua Martial Arts
- Grey belt (instructor) in Pa-Kua Acrobatics
- AcroYogaDance Level 5 Teacher Training Diploma
For more information contact me at email@example.com .